Friday, March 03, 2006

Just Nice

A friend once described me as "nice" to which I replied with an indignant stare "nice, that's all you say about me?? that I'm nice"!!!

It got me thinking...whatever happened to being plain and simply nice...years ago one would have revelled in the fact that one was nice.....but now...in the complexities that surround that, even language and emotions havent been spared.

Being nice is not adequate, not anymore. I want to be dreamy, spirited, wise, level - headed, fiesty, confident, self-expressive..the list is endless. We aren't happy with just being. We want words to define us. Words that are more complicated than nice.

Nice is simple and simple is dead.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought simple was wonderful?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home